It's the final week of the Tablerunner Bliss Quilt Along and I am so excited to get to round things up with my Sunshine Tablerunner!!
And yes, my Sunshine Tablerunner is a little less Sunshine and a lot more Christmas :) I decided that those happy flowers also looked like poinsettia's and it's just the right time of year to be making a Christmas themed runner ;) And I just love Sweetwater's Hometown Christmas so it was a perfect match ;) You only need a few layer cake pieces and a backing and you are good to get started.
And before you know it, you have beautiful poinsettia's :) And if you look close at the construction of those poinsettia's, you will notice that there is a y-seam, but that is the great thing about a table runner right!!! You only have to do 3 y-seams, perfect for practice on a skill and not so much to stress you out ;)
And so worth it for the beautiful finish project!!! I just can't wait for December to put this out on my dining room table, so fun!!! And isn't it just so fun how the black just pops in that cute little patchwork, I just love it!!!
When it came time to quilt it, I decided on all over swirls, because really, Christmas things should just be quilted in swirls, right ;) It just gives it the feel of snow swirling around on a wintry day ;) And these swirls are nice and small to add lots of wonderful texture to the runner.
I had so much fun making this Sunshine Tablerunner :) And I even got to practice some 45 degree binding as well, so that was super fun and as you can tell, I am pretty excited with how it all came together and turned out!! Bring on some more Christmas Tunes because decorating might not wait until after Thanksgiving ;) Maybe I should look to make a Thanksgiving Tablerunner first!!
Which would be easy because Sherri Falls has packed the Tablerunner Bliss Book with so many beautiful, fun, and fast runners to make!!! I realized while making this Sunshine Runner, that I want to make so many more tablerunners because your really can whip up a beautiful piece of decor in no time at all and get that wonderful feeling of finishing a project at the same time, double bonus!!!
And even though this is the last week of the Quilt Along, you can still go back and see all of the Tablerunners from fellow blogger friends. (You can also click on the direct links from the Quilt Along page here ;)
- Tuesday, 9/5 - Anorina (Samelia’s Mum) and Pam (Pam Kitty Morning)
- Tuesday, 9/12 - Sinta (Pink Pincushion)
- Tuesday, 9/19 – Lorna (Sew Fresh Quilts) and Connie (Freemotion by the River)
- Tuesday 9/26 – Amanda (Jedi Craft Girl) and Jennie (Clover & Violet)
- Tuesday 10/3 – Melanie (A Bit of Scrap Stuff) and Sherri (A Quilting Life)
- Tuesday 10/10 – Sinta (Pink Pincushion) and Lisa (In the Boon Docks)
- Tuesday 10/17 – Vickie (Spun Sugar Quilts) and Susan (yardgrl60 on Instagram)
- Tuesday 10/24 – Taunja (Carried Away Quilting) and Lorna (Sew Fresh Quilts)
- Tuesday 10/31 – Greg (Grey Dogwood Studio) and Melanie (A Bit of Scrap Stuff)
- Tuesday 11/7 – Melisssa (Happy Quilting) and Kim (Persimon Dreams)
And that is my Sunshine Tablerunner and a huge thank you to Sherri Falls and Fat Quarter Shop for having me a part of this fun Quilt Along. I had so much fun and can't wait to make up some more tablerunners from this wonderful Tablerunner Bliss book!!!
And that is all for today ;)
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a very Happy Quilting Day!!!