2013 - A Year of Happy Quilting A La Mosaic Style
2013 Beejeebers Bee Blocks
1. Erica's Jan Bee Block, 2. Jamie's Scrappy X Block, 3. Mittens for Laura, 4. Star Value Block Tutorial, 5. Supernova Block for Susan, 6. Modern House Block for Kris, 7. Bethany's Block, 8. Colby's Knee Socks Block, 9. Charlotte's December Block, 10. 16 Patch for Lindsay, 11. Linz April Block, 12. Joelle's Happy Block
2013 Quilt Tutorials
1. Steps To Tranquility - A Tutorial, 2. Twists and Turns, 3. Shabby Hexie Twist Baby Quilt, 4. Playing the Scales, 5. T-Shirt Memory Quilt - Scrappy Goodness, 6. All Star Baby Boy Quilt, 7. Boxes of Sweet Treats, 8. Scrunchy Strips - A Finish and Tutorial, 9. Matching Pair, 10. Road Home Snuggler for Happy Chemo, 11. Read With Me - Tutorial, 12. Hugs Before Kisses
2013 Other Tutorials (Projects, Blocks, FMQ)
1. Easter Bunting, 2. Midnight Frost - Tutorial, 3. 3-D Flower Applique's, 4. Rainbow Ironing Board Cover Tutorial, 5. Going Dutch - Solids, 6. Improv Paper Pieced Tree Block, 7. Star Value Block Tutorial, 8. Wonky Star Quilt Block Tutorial, 9. Hearts and Loops Quilting, 10. Stars and Loops FMQ, 11. Interlocking Circles, 12. Interlocking Rectangles
1. Spin Off, 2. In Your Neighborhood, 3. Plaid Squared, 4. Petal Pop - Quick Quilts, 5. A Study in Quilting - Angle, 6. Square Dance 2, 7. Boxed In And Out, 8. The Way the Crow Flies 2, 9. Daddy's Little Girl
2013 Quilts and Projects Not Already Shown
1. My New Rally Quilt, 2. Baby Refracted, 3. Refracted Rainbows - FLQS, 4. Tetris Quilt-A-Long Finished, 5. Lucky Stars - Flat, 6. Sister's Choice, 7. Back to Basics, 8. Blocks for Quilts for Boston, 9. Jelly Roll Jam x2, 10. Blocks for Quilts for Boston, 11. Josie's Sister's Choice Angle, 12. Gathered Clutches
2013 Quilt-A-Long's - Starburst and Star Surround (and sadly, mine aren't quilted)
1. Star Surround Quilt Top, 2. Need To Quilt, 3. Star Surround Quilt-A-Long Button, 4. Starburst Quilt-A-Long, 5. Starburst Quilt-Top, 6. Star Surround Quilt-A-Long
And last but not least, I really wanted to remember some of the free motion quilting I did this year. This has been a real focus for me, especially with the new long-arm. About half of these are on my home machine and half on the long-arm. So one last mosiac.
2013 Free Motion Quilting
1. Wood Grain, 2. Read With Me - Quilting Detail - Ground, 3. Quilting Detail - The Way The Crow Flies, 4. Lucky Stars - Stars Quilting, 5. In Your Neighborhood Quilting Detail, 6. Flower Quilting, 7. A Study in Quilting - Quilting, 8. Interlocking Circles, 9. Hearts and Loops Quilting, 10. Lucky Stars - Background Quilting, 11. Steps To Tranquility - Quilting Detail 1, 12. Read With Me - Quilting Detail - Castle and clouds, 13. Steps To Tranquility - Quilting Detail 2, 14. Stars and Loops FMQ, 15. Feathers Detail, 16. Back to Basics - Quilting, 17. Refracted Rainbows Quilting - FLQS, 18. First Time Using a Ruler on the Long Arm, 19. Daddy's Little Girl - Quilting, 20. Swirls, 21. Pom-Pom Quilting, 22. Interlocking Rectangles, 23. All Star Quilting Detail, 24. Steps To Tranquility - Quilting Detail 3
Wow, 2013!!! You were quite a Happy Quilting Year!!!!
So now it's time to look forward to 2014!! For 2013 I made 4 broad goals. They were . . .
1 - Expand my Skills
2 - Be Happy with Me
3 - Tell the Story
4 - Seize Opportunities while Keeping Balance
I feel so incredibly happy with how 2013 has come and gone for Happy Quilting. It really has been such an amazing year with so many wonderful accomplishments. And quite honestly, I really feel like these 4 little goals (that I had kept posted to my wall) really were a guiding factor in that success. They really did change from "goals" to Daily Reminders. Each time I sat at my machine and say those 4 little reminders I just couldn't help but smile. They really did allow me to let go of stress, focus on ideas and creativity, smile at myself and my accomplishments, organize my time, and in general, helped me to continue to grow as a quilter.
So - I have decided that for 2014 - those 4 little Daily Reminders are staying on the wall!!! So . . . Bring on 2014!!! I am so super excited to see what it will bring :)
And One Last Note . . . I want to send a huge Thank You to each and every one of you!!! I wish there was a way I could reach through the computer and give you each a hug because words just don't seem enough. I am just thrilled to pieces with how Happy Quilting continues to grow and touch people's creative lives. All of the sweet comments, pictures of your inspired creations, quilting-a-long with me, encouraging emails, goodness, I could go on and on. You all put the Happy in Happy Quilting and your support, kindness and friendship mean the world to me. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!
So here's to a Happy Quilting year in 2014!!!!!!